Anxiety and OCD at School (PC CD-ROM)
Can’t attend one of Dr. Wagner’s highly acclaimed workshops? This is a live audio and slide presentation recorded during one of Dr. Wagner's most popular workshops for School Professionals.
- "On a scale from 1 to 10, this was a definite 10!
- "Most helpful were the practical strategies for anxiety."
- "Great, great speaker! Best workshop I have attended in many years (in 28 years as a professional)."
For use with PC's with a CD-ROM Drive.
Anxiety and OCD at School is audio and slide presentation recorded during one of Dr. Wagner’s most popular workshops for School Professionals. Just like a real workshop, you’ll listen to Dr. Wagner as you view the slides that accompany the presentation, and follow along with the handout. Packed with practical advice, you’ll want to listen to this presentation repeatedly. This CD will make a valuable addition to your personal or staff development library.
Dr. Wagner is a highly engaging and sought-after speaker whose workshops consistently receive outstanding reviews. You’ll benefit from her many years of working with anxious children, her user-friendly conceptualizations and her practical Worry Hill innovations.
This workshop is ideal for a broad range of school staff, including mainstream and special education teachers, teacher’s aides, counselors, social workers, speech and occupational therapists, administrators and school psychologists.
- The Many faces of Anxiety
- Understanding Anxiety
- Anxiety Disorders
- Differential Diagnosis
- Risk Factors
- Differential Diagnosis
- Child Management
- Contributions of School Personnel
Reviews from Recent Workshops
- The best training I have ever attended! I’ll use many of the techniques. She knows her audience.
- Wonderful presenter, very good examples, gave me a great understanding of OCD and anxiety.
- Great, great speaker! Best workshop I have attended in many years (in 28 years as a professional).
- The most outstanding presenter I have heard in years! The handout was great.
- Outstanding! Worth coming for this on a bad travel day.
- Brilliant…The talk was very interesting! Stimulating presentation style.
- Thank you so much! I don’t know when I’ve sat through a presentation that is so practical to what I do in my daily work. I learned a great deal.
- I am so glad I attended this workshop. It was great and I loved the strategies.
- A wealth of clear, concise, valuable information to take back and share.
- This is the best presentation I have attended in many years. Thank you! I will bring to my district a tremendous wealth of information and specific plans on how to help so many anxious children.
- Warm, funny, engaging. Dr. Wagner is wonderful. We need more time with her.
- Thank you for sharing your information and experiences with us. The handout was terrific—being so complete, it allowed me to really listen to the presentation.
- The handouts were excellent! The examples were very helpful.
- On a scale of 1 to 10, this was a definite 10! Most helpful were the practical strategies for anxiety.
- Dr. Wagner is a wonderful presenter. Bring her back! Very practical, specific strategies and comprehensive overview with a clear action plan for us.
- Excellent tools were offered, excellent and realistic intervention strategies. All of it was practical.
- Truly valuable and rewarding training that will help me meet the needs of students and well as staff.
- Very helpful workshop. I can be more confident in working with my students and more empathic.
- Approximate running time: 2 hours, 16 minutes
- Printable 21 page handout
- For use with personal computers (PC) with a CD-ROM drive
About the Author
Aureen Pinto Wagner, Ph.D. is a clinical child psychologist, expert in the treatment of anxiety, and international speaker. She specializes in cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), and has developed the child-friendly Worry Hill® approach to making CBT accessible to youngsters. Dr. Wagner is an Adjunct Associate Professor of Psychiatry at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Medicine. She is also a member of the Scientific and Clinical Advisory Board of the International Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Foundation and a member of its Pediatric Subcommittee.
Dr. Wagner established The Anxiety Wellness Center in 2002 to provide effective treatment for children, teens and adults with anxiety. Prior to relocation to North Carolina in 2010, Dr. Wagner was Clinical Associate Professor of Neurology at the University of Rochester School of Medicine & Dentistry since 2003, and Assistant Professor of Psychiatry since 1991. In 2007, she was voted Outstanding Psychologist of the Year by the Genesee Valley Psychological Association, Rochester, NY.
In 2011, Dr. Wagner was awarded the Self-Help Book Recommendation for providing the highest level of evidence-based best practices, from the Association of Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies, for all her self-help books: Worried No More: Help and Hope for Anxious Children, Up and Down the Worry Hill: A Children's Book about Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, and What to do when your Child has Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: Strategies and Solutions. The latter two books, along with her highly-acclaimed resource for professionals, Treatment of OCD in Children and Adolescents: Professional's Kit, comprise the only integrated set of resources for children with OCD, their parents, and their therapists. Dr. Wagner has also developed a suite of resources for professionals who work with anxious youth, including Worried No More: Teaching Tools and Forms on CD, and CD’s of her live workshops for parents and school professionals.
Dr. Wagner is a sought-after international speaker who presents workshops for parents, school professionals and clinicians. She offers videoconferencing consultation and workshops for professionals. Dr. Wagner received her education at St. Agnes College, the University of Iowa, Yale University Child Study Center and Brown University.